Health Insurance Government Scheme V
In our earlier (previous) Post we have mentioned about some of the Government (Central & Health) health care Scheme for the Poor and under privileged section of the society. In this Post Health Insurance Government Scheme V, We will describe scheme run by Andhra Pradesh State Government
- YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
|Andhra Pradesh Government Health Insurance Scheme|
YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme was launched by Dr. YS Rajasekhar Reddy (then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh) the in 2007 to get quality health care services for those who are Poor people or BPL families. The Scheme is also known as Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Scheme and is managed or cared by the Aarogyasri Health care Trust.
Benefits of YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
Some of the Benefits provided by this Scheme are as follows
- Cashless Treatment in Government Hospital.
- All the listed diseases covered under this scheme is taken care when you are hospitalized
- Empaneled Hospital (Government or Private) and Health Camps provides these treatment as part of the cashless services under this scheme.
- The disease which is existed earlier is also covered under this Scheme. It means that the Beneficiaries who is already suffering from diseases are also covered.
- This Scheme also covers Post Hospitalization cost
- The Sum Insured under this Scheme can be utilized by the entire family and no other separate plans are taken out for individual family members . So, This Scheme is Family Floating in nature.
Salient Features of YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
Some of the Salient Features of YSR Aarogyasri Scheme are as follows
- The Beneficiaries can get Rs. 1.50 lakh as a reimbursement. If a Medical expenses exceeds Rs. 1.50 lakh then an additional Rs. 50,000 is covered under this Scheme.
- The Beneficiary can get directly get Rs. 2 Lakh for Serious or Critical Disease Treatment.
- The Beneficiaries can have 938 medical and surgical treatments under this scheme
Diseases and Treatment covered under this Scheme
Some of the Diseases from Direct to critical treatments are covered under this Scheme. They are listed in the tables
|General Surgery||Cardiology||Medical Oncology|
|Orthopedic Surgery and Procedures||Dermatology||Prostheses|
|Cardiothoracic Surgery||Endocrinology||General Medicine|
|Surgical Oncology||ENT Surgery||Nephrology|
|Radiation Oncology||Gynaecology & Obstetrics||Pulmonology|
|Critical Care||Paediatric Surgeries||Gastro Enterology|
Some of the treatments are excluded that is not covered under this Scheme, Some of them are follows
|Knee Replacement Surgeries||Gamma-Knife Procedures in Neurosurgery|
|Medical Treatment related to Bone Marrow||Leprosy|
|Filaria||Assisted Devices for Cardiac Failures|
|Cardiac and Liver Transplantations||Malaria|
Eligibility criteria for becoming Beneficiary of this Scheme
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The person must be resident of Andhra Pradesh to get benefit
- The Employees who are outsourced, part-time, contractual and sanitization workers whose annual salary is less than Rs. 5 Lakh are eligible under this Scheme.
- The person must have less than 35 acres of land (Both wetland and dryland)
- The person must fall under the municipal property tax-paying families having less than 3000 square feet.
- The person must not have more than one car.
- The person can apply whether he is a Remuneration employee (Salary+ Commission+ wages+ compensation] or a Private Sector Employee [basically a fixed salary on a regular basis]
How to enroll under this Scheme and become Beneficiary
Before going for an enrollment, you have to check the eligibility criteria. If you are eligible then you can follow the process (online or offline mode).
- The person must visit the official website of YSR Navasakam or Gram ward Sachivalayam portal.
- You should login the website and go to the Aarogyasri Health card Application form
- Enter the required details and attached the documents
- After that you submit the application form and get the print out
- The person must visit the official website of YSR Navasakam or Gram ward Sachivalayam portal and download the application form (Aarogyasri Health card Application form) and then take print out.
- Fill the form with details with the supporting documents
- Submit the Complete document to the concerned department.
- The concerned department will verify the documents, if everything is good, you will get the YSR Health card.
Supporting Documents to Fill the form
Below is the supporting documents required or will be helpful in filling up the form.
- BPL certificate
- Aadhar card
- Income Certificate
- Address Proof
How The Beneficiary can claim when required
The Beneficiaries just have to give the YSR Health card to a Vaidya Mitra for verification. If by any how, the Beneficiary cannot show their YSR Health card , The Beneficiaries just have to give the YSR Health Card number and can claim.