Health Insurance Government Scheme VI
In this Post Health Insurance Government Scheme VI, We will provide detail Knowledge of Scheme runs by Assam Government. Some of the scheme run by Assam State Government are given below
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- Janani Suraksha Yojana
- Kaya Kalpa
Atal Amrit Abhiyan
For an elite business and rich class section, the health emergencies can be tackled smoothly, but for weaker section of the society, the health emergencies can often led to bankruptcy (All money saved during the years were spent in a few days, many times you have to take loan or sell land to recover from the health emergencies).
According to the data almost 60 million Indians are pushed to poverty due to vast expenditure during health emergencies.
To tackle this health emergencies situation, the Assam government launches the Atal Amrit Abhiyan for the BPL (Below Poverty Line) and Low-income households so that even weaker section of the society can also be treated without going into financial crunch. This Scheme was launched in 25th December 2016 by the Government of Assam.
The Families (APL and BPL) whose annual income is up to Rs. 5 lakh/annum can receive cashless treatment and can never miss any medical benefit.
This Yojana or Scheme is implemented through Medi Assist Insurance TPA Pvt Ltd. Which circulate the Atal Amrit Card to individual adult members of the families that are qualified for this scheme. The Beneficiaries have to pay Rs. 100 annually towards the scheme. Since this Scheme is valid in the state of Assam, the individual can take health insurance plans from FINSERV markets and avail cashless treatments across more than 6500 hospitals across the nation.
Salient Features and Benefits of Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- This Scheme is valid for APL and BPL families whose annual salary is up to Rs. 5 lac/annum. Government Employees families are not covered under this scheme.
- Children below 18 years of age is enrolled with the head of the family.
- The Scheme is free for BPL families and a nominal amount of Rs. 100 per annum will be charged for APL families to avail these facilities.
- This Scheme will provide Inpatient (A patient who lives in hospital while under treatment) treatment facility at the empaneled hospital (Private and Public) up to maximum limit of Rs. 2 Lakhs per individual member per annum within and outside the State of Assam covering 438 procedures for the following diseases:
o Cardiovascular diseases
o Neo natal diseases [Prematurity, respiratory dysfunction, birth trauma, congenital malformations, neonatal infection and haemolytic disorders of the newborn are some examples of neonatal disorders]
o Neurological conditions [[Some of the Neurological Disorders are Acute Spinal Cord Injury, Migraine Headaches, Brain Tumors, Cerebral Aneurysm etc.]
o Renal (Kidney) diseases
How to Apply for Atal Amrit Yojana Scheme
There are two ways to apply for this scheme
- Offline Method: – You will get the form in every enrolled center in the district. After getting the form, fill the form with the documents required.
- Online Method: – Here the Individual have to go to the Government Website https://nhm.assam.gov.in/. and go to the Application form. Fill the Form with the attachment of Required documents.
Documents Required while filling the form
Some of the Documents are required while filing up the form
- EPIC card (for minors, birth certificate)
- Voter ID card
- Income Certificate
- NFSA card, if applicable
- Patient Photograph attested by doctor
Once you fill the form and the documents are verified by the authentic department, if everything is good. You will get the Atal Amrit Card
Janani Suraksha Yojana
As the name suggest, this scheme is for safe motherhood. It comes under National Rural Health Mission.
The Scheme is executed by the government to reduce maternal and neo-natal mortality by encouraging institutional delivery among the poor pregnant women. This Scheme gives cash assistance during delivery and post-delivery.
Important Benefits of this Scheme
- This Scheme provides Cash assistance (to Mother) of Rs. 1400 to all Rural Area Families (BPL and APL) if delivered at Public Health Facility or Empaneled Private Hospital.
- A sum of Rs.500/ is provided for Home Delivery only for BPL families
After 01st April 2010, the individual who have gone under kidney transplantation, a sum of Rs 1 lakh is given to the person as a financial assistance who is eligible for this scheme.
Any person who is a resident of Assam and the annual income of the person or his family do not exceed Rs. 3 Lakhs comes (is eligible) under this Scheme.
The Government of Assam introduced this Scheme to promote environmental health, Cleanliness/freshness and infection control practices in Public Health care Facilities. The Government has formed a committee in all district level to give the award to the best and clean district, thus, promoting cleanliness and hygiene all over the state.